Morning Workout: Jillian Michaels “Ripped in 30” DVD – a great workout in between my running days; provides some different challenges with strength-training and abs.
Breakfast: One slice of whole wheat toast with almond butter and honey. Shared with my daughter who traded her strawberry greek yogurt for the rest of my toast.
Lunch: Half of a grilled chicken pita with tomatoes and cucumbers; side salad; cup of fruit.
Snack: More pepitas (have I mentioned how much I love these?)
Dinner: Chopped salad with romaine lettuce, red pepper, celery, cubed cheddar cheese, hard boiled egg and avocado. T makes the best chopped salads!
Dessert: RAWmazeballs! These are a fantastic, healthy, vegan, gluten-free, super food packed into a bite-sized energy snack/dessert. They are quick to make, quick to grab-n-go and quick to disappear.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup raw almond butter
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. sunflower seeds
*Add a dash of cinnamon or maple syrup if desired!
- Mix oats with almond butter first, then add coconut oil and honey. Afterwards, toss in all the seeds!
- Mix until thoroughly combined. Add some more oats if mixture feels too wet.
- Spoon out a tablespoon worth and shape into a ball with clean hands. Repeat.
- Place on a plate and put in the fridge to “set” for 30 minutes.
What’s your favorite healthy snack?