We are now in our 28th week of pregnancy – three months to go! I’m a week into my third trimester and I’m still feeling pretty good. My energy level that I so enjoyed over the past couple months seems to be waning a bit now, but I still have enough in me to get stuff done, even if it is in small doses. With that said, we are starting to slowly check off items on our to-do list. Here’s a quick update on what we’ve done so far on our top 10 list:
1. Fill out application and give deposit to daycare to hold our spot – Done and done. She will start daycare in August (and I’m already sad thinking about it).
4. Slowly begin to purchase large ticket items like, crib, stroller and car seat – Nothing has been bought yet, but all the research has been done so we know exactly what we’re going to get.
5. Sign up for birthing and breastfeeding classes – We are signed up and heading to our Birth Basics class next Saturday, 2/27. I will attend a breastfeeding class sometime in April as I get a little closer to my due date (hospital recommendation).
6. Transform our current guest bedroom into the nursery – This is still a work in progress, but we have chosen the paint colors – tan and cream – and her bedding is already bought. We will paint sometime in early March.
7. Register and take a tour of hospital – We will take a tour of the hospital during our Birth Basics class next week.
9. Plan for maternity leave at work – Done. If all goes as planned (I probably just jinxed myself), I will be off starting the second week in May through July with some working remotely from home here and there.
10. Find a pediatrician – Almost done. We have received a recommendation from my OB based on insurance coverage and proximity to home. I just need to call and ask a few questions before I put it in writing.
Of course, I would like things to move a little faster, and I would love to have everything done by next week, but I’m learning life’s little lesson in patience – it’s good for me.
This baby bump photo was taken at 27 weeks by Tyson.